We've added a lot of new features for 2016. Here is a quick video overview of all of the changes.
For those who prefer to read, here is what's new in version COW version 2016.1.0 0:
- PEM MODEL UPDATES: The PEM (Personal Economic Model) received a series of updates and enhancements. "Inheritance & Other Sources" was relabeled "Social Security & Other Sources." When you click the "Investments" tank label, it changes to display "Your Business" and adds a Business Income arrow connecting the risk tank to the lifetime capital potential tank. The risk and safe tanks now include a slider on the bottom of the tank which allows you to adjust the ratio of tax liability expressed by the tank when using the left (taxable growth) slider to fill the tanks. The lifestyle regulator moved to the left - closer to the tax filter. Clicking the [Monthly Cashflow Tube] launches a new monthly cashflow Excel spreadsheet (which can be saved and shared with the client/prospect.) When in CC Mode, you can now toggle between borrowing for an expense or to fund an opportunity by clicking the "For Expense" ("For Opportunity") label above the collateral capacity tank. When in "For Expense" mode, everything works the same as in previous releases. When you switch to "For Opportunity" mode, the safe and borrowed funds tanks will switch positions - so you can better discuss money flowing between the borrowed funds and investments tanks.
- PEM LABELED IN SPANISH OPTION: The PEM main screen labels will display in Spanish if you set the COW Launcher targeted culture to Spanish. This is found in the launcher setting: [Edit Default Case Information]->[Advisor Information]->[Targeted Culture].
- ALLOCATION MIX UPDATE: Swapped the position of low and high risk tanks to better match the order in PEM.
- RETIREMENT INCOME PREDICTABILITY UPDATES: For all three screens, the summary under the chart was modified to display resulting dollar totals instead of the previous version "last until age" values. Screens two and three replaced the [Threshold %] and [Mkt Reduction] with an easier to understand [Market Shield] checkbox, that when checked does not withdraw from market accounts in negative years.
- COMPOUNDING VS. SPECULATION UPDATE: A new button was added to the data entry screen to toggle between using an initial balance or an annual contribution for the calculation.
- CP GATEWAY: Replaced the term "Facing Risk" with "Investment Strategy" in the generated reports and strengths chart.
- NEW AND UPDATED PRINTABLE DOCUMENTS: Added 10-Steps after the Sale. PEM Talk Flyer and What do you do documents. Updated CP Quick Guide, eCQ, 10-Questions, 10-Step Process for Agents, 10-Step Process for Clients.
- NEW REVERSE MORTGAGE PRESENTATION: This new nine-screen storyboard explains the potential benefits and addresses common misconceptions associated with HECM (reverse) mortgages. The presentation includes an updated version of Retirement Ready or Not that includes a new reverse mortgage monthly income estimator.
- NEW REVERSE MORTGAGE ESTIMATION CALCULATOR: Retirement Ready or Not now includes a reverse mortgage monthly cash availability calculator based on formulas and data provided by Longbridge Financial, LLC. The estimated cash flow can then be easily added to the RRON projection to consider it's potential impact on retirement lifestyle dollars available.
- NEW REVERSE MORTGAGE RESOURCE: The launcher now includes a Reverse Mortgage Info app which links to a web-based HECM resource site designed specifically to support Circle of Wealth members.
- RRON UPDATES: Besides the reverse mortgage calculator referenced above, RRON now includes the ability to manage the visibility (in displayed results) and inclusion (in calculations) of defined benefits. This can be done in both the data entry screen and the calculator itself by toggling the H (hidden) and E (excluded) check boxes for each item. The calculation screen will display a "House" (equity) button which will toggle the exclusion of the Reverse Mortgage defined benefit when it exists in the list of defined benefits. If there is no defined benefit named Reverse Mortgage, the "House" button will not appear.
- MONEYTRAX TAKENOTE INTEGRATION: (PRO Level) COW can automatically sync presentation activity with an associated MoneyTrax TakeNote contact. While presenting, you can create and attach a "Quick Note" to the current (or associated) contact which includes an annotated screen capture.
- ON-SCREEN HELP BUTTONS MOVED: Help documentation (F1), Help Audio (F2) and Help Video (F3) buttons were removed from the bottom of the presentation screen. They are now located under the [Resources] menu of the on-screen toolbar (which appears when you hover your mouse over the top 1/4" inch of all presentation screens.) You may also activate each from the keyboard using the function keys F1, F2 and F3 respectively.
- ADDITIONAL UPDATES: 2015 Market history and tax schedules are complete. Completed an assortment of minor layout tweaks based on user feedback.