What's New for version 2016.1.0.0
Here's what's new in Spending Game 2016.1.0.0:
- SGv2 CASE FILE IMPORT: Spending Game v3 can now import existing v2 (and v1 legacy) case files! At the conclusion of the import, you'll be presented with a short list of items you'll need to review in the case - since prior SG version accounts and features don't fully map to v3 functionality. Importing is as simple as opening a case. After clicking "Open Case..." click the file type option selection and choose "SG Version 1 & 2 files (import-only)" from the list.
- AUTO-RECOVERY FEATURE: Spending Game takes a "recovery snapshot" of modified cases as you work on them. In the event of abnormal program termination (aka hard crash), the next time Spending Game is opened you are given the opportunity to load the recovered case file. Snapshots are taken every 5 minutes. Please note that Spending Game does not check for recovery snapshots when opening a case file via file association (e.g. directly clicking a saved case file to open it.) Instead, you must run Spending Game directly (by clicking the Spending Game program shortcut) to allow it the opportunity to check for available snapshots. PLEASE NOTE: This feature does not relieve the need to SAVE OFTEN. It's intended to be a data safety net of last resort.
- TAB LAYOUT SAVED WITH CASE: Spending Game now saves the docking tab layout with the case file and will restore the tabs and layout when the case file is opened. (Cases without layout information will continue to open all non-excluded accounts.)
- PEM VIEW UPDATES: The PEM view now integrates "Comparison Case" display in a way similar to how cases are compared in model view. PEM view also includes "protection level" and "values" display options. Moved the option editors to the left of the model and named the "Scale" slider.
- FIND-IT UPDATES: When an account is spent down to zero, it's corresponding withdrawal amount ($0.00) will disappear - thus making it visually obvious which accounts still have available funds. The default column order was modified in order to make the math easier to explain to clients.
- CONSOLIDATED AUTO-STEP FEATURE: Auto-step for PEM & model views is now controlled globally by using the toolbar button (green checkmark.) Clicking this button will synchronize and advance the PEM, model and FIND-IT views. Consequently, the auto-step check boxes were removed from the individual views. Also modified preferences to display auto-step delay in seconds (as opposed to geeky milliseconds) and removed the sync option - as views are always running synced.
- ACCOUNT UPDATES: Added ability to modify account-level safe/risk attribute to all account types. Added year-by-year safe and access attributes to all account types as well. Added [Taxable Income Ordinary] column to all accounts. The intent of this column is to express the annual dollars that contribute to taxable income, so that one could estimate marginal/effective tax rate. Term Insurance account has a new "Show DB" (in summary views) check box that will toggle inclusion of Term Death Benefit in PEM & Model Views. Permanent Insurance account has new column [Funding] which expresses total annual funding of policy (Premium + Allocation In.) Added "use values" button to loan calculator pop-up which updates the associated loan with the calculated values and then closes the calculator. Loan account now includes a deduction limit which caps the loan balance eligible for tax deductions.
- MONEYTRAX TAKENOTE INTEGRATION: (PRO Level) Spending Game can share activity with an associated MoneyTrax TakeNote contact. While presenting, you can create and attach a "Quick Note" to the current (or associated) contact which includes an annotated screen capture. You can also send a copy of all case and cell notes to a TakeNote contact with a single click.
- OTHER CHANGES: Moved the tab close button to right side of docking area (instead of on the tab itself.) Added comparison case background color option to preferences. Increased height of the "Year" editor in PEM & Model views to make the spinner buttons easier to use. Added [Death Benefit] option to values list in PEM & model views as well as Annual Summary for All Accounts. Comparison case options are now available in the file menu at all times. Added Taxable Income summary. Added a case notes report.